EC-Council Accredited Training Provider - Cyber Security Training
Configure header text in theme settings
EC-Council Cyber Certification Overview
EC-Council Certification For The Cyber Security Professional
EC-Council is one of the leading providers of cybersecurity certifications with its flagship Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) recognised worldwide. The US Department of Defense as well as the National Security Agency and Pentagon have approved several EC-Council certifications for use in works categories defined for cybersecurity roles.
The EC-Council certifications have a strong technical focus and cover a wide range of cybersecurity topics in-depth providing successful candidates with a certification that is accepted worldwide. Most of their certifications consist of a practical as well as a multiple-choice exam.
At Jumping Bean we offer the following EC-Council training courses.
- Certified Network Defender
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Penetration Tester
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator
Training Course Formats
We offer our training courses in a range of formats to suit the needs of our students and customers:
- Short Course: This takes the form of full-day, instructor-led, training sessions. It is best suited for corporates or those who already have experience in cybersecurity but wish to take a refresher course before sitting the exam.
- Virtual Instructor Lead Course: This is run either online full time, as above, or part-time. The part-time training is held twice a week in the evenings, online from 6:30 - 7:30. This is ideal for students who cannot attend full-day classes or for students who wish to work through the material between lectures to consolidate their understanding.
- Online, Mentor lead training: This takes the form of self-paced training with access to a mentor via mail, web chat, or video call should a student require assistance to work through some key concepts or material.
What-ever your constraints we will have a format to accommodate you!
CND & CHFI
Specialist Certifications CND & CHFI
Before attempting the CEH course one should have a solid background in computing concepts and networking. The Certified Network Defender (CND) certification is one way to obtain the background necessary to successfully complete CEH.
The CHFI Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator certification is a specialisation course for those students who wish to investigate cybersecurity incidents. This may be from external or internal actors and may be criminal, civil or administrative investigations.
Certified Network Defender (CND)
CND is aimed at skilling students up in detecting and preventing system compromise and in configuring system defenses to maintain system integrity, confidentiality, and availability.
CND trains students to adopt a process of continuous improvement in system defenses with respect to detecting and preventing cyber-attacks.
CND is mapped to the cybersecurity education framework and work role task analysis developed by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
In addition, the certification has been approved by the Department of Defense (DoD) for the work category roles for system and network administrators.
Our training course covers the latest version of the certification. The previous version of the course, while it is still valid, is available on request.
- Network Attacks and Defense Strategies
- Administrative Network Security
- Technical Network Security
- Network Perimeter Security
- Endpoint Security-Windows Systems
- Endpoint Security-Linux Systems
- Endpoint Security- Mobile Devices
- Endpoint Security-IoT Devices
- Administrative Application Security
- Data Security
- Enterprise Virtual Network Security
- Enterprise Cloud Network Security
- Enterprise Wireless Network Security
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Network Logs Monitoring and Analysis
- Incident Response and Forensic Investigation
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Risk Anticipation with Risk Management
- Threat Assessment with Attack Surface Analysis
- Threat Prediction with Cyber Threat Intelligence
Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
CHFI trains students on how to carry out digital investigations to determine how a machine was compromised, what was compromised, who the threat actor was, and their objectives. Students will learn how to extract evidence of the attack for use in internal audits or civil or criminal cases. Investigations can cover acts of theft of trade secrets, theft of or destruction of intellectual property, fraud, and industrial espionage. Computer forensics is simply the application of computer investigation and analysis techniques in the interests of determining potential legal evidence.
Our training course always covers the latest version of the certification. The previous version of the course, while it is still valid, is available on request.
- Computer Forensics in Today's World
- Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Searching and Seizing Computers
- Digital Evidence
- First Responder Procedures
- Computer Forensics Lab
- Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Windows Forensics
- Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Recovering Deleted Files and Deleted Partitions
- Forensics Investigation using Access Data FTK
- Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
- Steganography and Image File Forensics
- Application Password Crackers
- Log Capturing and Event Correlation
- Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
- Investigating Wireless Attacks
- Investigating Web Attacks
- Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
- Mobile Forensics
- Investigative Reports
- Becoming an Expert Witness
|Course||Price (inc exams)|
|Certified Network Defender||R17,500|
|Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator||R21,800|
CEH & CPENT
EC-Council's Premier Certifications - CEH & CPENT
The most well-known certification from EC-Council is the Certified Ethical Hacker Certification. This highly respected course has been approved by the Pentagon and the US department of defense for including in their cybersecurity training portfolio.
CEH course teaches you techniques that hackers use to gain access to systems, while the follow-on CPENT course provides students with the skill to manage a penetration assignment from engagement to the delivery of the final report. Both certifications provide proof to employers of one's skill in conducting cybersecurity assignments.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
CEH is the premier certification from EC-Council. This course teaches students the tools and techniques used by hackers to compromise systems.
After completing this course a student will be able to view their own organisation's infrastructure from the perspective of a threat actor, whether internal or external. It will enable students to assess their own organisations defenses and responses to these threats.
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Scanning Networks
- Vulnerability Analysis
- System Hacking
- Malware Threats
- Social Engineering
- Session Hijacking
- Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Hacking Web Servers
- Hacking Web Applications
- SQL Injection
- Hacking Wireless Networks
- Hacking Mobile Platforms
- IoT Hacking
- Cloud Computing
Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT)
The ECSA certification has been replaced by the Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT) certificaiton. The CPENT certification teaches students how to conduct an effective penetration test against enterpise environments. The course objectives cover traditional networks and on premises systems but also cloud systems as well as industrial control, or Operational Technolgies (OT), systems such as SCADA and IoT systems.
The exam is a proctored, practical exam consisting of 2 X 12 hours sessions or 1 X 24 hour sessions. A pass mark of 70% is required for the CPENT certification and, if a score of 90% is obtained, the Licensed Pentration Tester certification (LPT) will also be awared.
- Introduction to Penetration Testing
- Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Social Engineering Penetration Testing
- Network Penetration Testing – External
- Network Penetration Testing– Internal
- Network Penetration Testing – Perimeter Devices
- Web Application Penetration Testing
- Wireless Penetration Testing
- IoT Penetration Testing
- OT/SCADA Penetration Testing
- Cloud Penetration Testing
- Binary Analysis and Exploitation
- Report Writing and Post Testing Actions
|Course||Price (inc exams)|
|Certified Ethical Hacker||R21,000|
|Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT)||R31,000|
Jumping Bean is a open source integration & training company that's been delivering solutions to customers for over 20 years.
Our services include:
- SLA support
- Adhoc support
- Solutions architecture
- SLA based support
- Implementation support
- Solutions Architecture
- Performance tuning
- Advisory services
- Implemenation support
- SLA support
- Google & AWS Big Data support
- Data flow architecture
- Implementation support
Long Term Partnerships
We build long relationships with our customers that helps improve & understanding their needs. We offer customised solutions & training to meet business requirements.
Our clients include large & small businesses in South Africa & across the globe. We offer both remote and on-site support.
Passion for Technology
We are passionate about open source & pride ourselves with living on the bleeding edge of technology innovation. Our customers lean on our practical experience with emerging technologies to ensure they get the benefits of early adopters & avoid the pitfalls.
Jumping Bean Contact Form!